Woolly Mammoth Collection Wool Blanket
Woolly Mammoth Collection Wool Blanket
- ★ VIRGIN MERINO WOOL WARMTH – This blanket is woven with 80% premium virgin Merino wool, which means we do not use any recycled wool in our blankets. For enhanced durability, we have added a small amount of acrylic to the warp and weft. Our blankets are woven using a twill weave.
- ★ FROM CAMPING BACKPACKS TO WEEKENDS AT THE CABIN – Our large wool blanket is 66″ x 90“ and weighs approximately 4 lbs. This is the perfect blanket when you need an extra layer of insulation. Great for camping, hiking, stargazing, backpacking, bushcraft, boating, fishing, or storing in the trunk of your car as a utility blanket for emergency preparedness. A wool blanket is an essential addition to your outdoor gear and equipment collection.
- ★ EDGING AND FINISH – Our Explorer Collection wool blankets have a milled finish, which means there is inter-fiber felting and fabric consolidation, thereby creating a denser blanket. The edging of this blanket is double-stitched using a thick polyester thread intended to withstand years of use.
- ★ SPECIAL GIFT IDEA – One cannot go wrong with the timeless gift of a wool blanket. This makes a thoughtful gift idea for weddings, housewarmings, new beginnings, graduations, engagements, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, grandparents, birthdays, anniversaries, and more.
- ★ THE ART OF WOOL – Wool is durable, flexible, self-cleaning, and assists in temperature-regulation. NOTE: DUE TO THE HIGH QUALITY OF OUR WOOL, OUR BLANKETS ARE DRY-CLEAN ONLY!
Welcome to Woolly Mammoth Woolen Company
We descend from a lineage steeped in the art of textile design. Our family’s expansive industry knowledge of woolen mills, men’s haberdashery, women’s couture, and raw fiber production has been lovingly passed down, inspiring us to create a company that brings warmth and comfort into the lives of our customers. Although times have changed and the golden era of the American textile industry has passed, we remain committed to the dedication that goes into crafting a timeless wool blanket.
Our Farmhouse Wool Blanket Collection originated during time spent on a country ranch nestled in the California foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Study of weaving patterns, fiber composition, and dyeing techniques filled countless afternoons on the front porch. Business meetings ensued around campfires and hot cocoa during weekend adventures in the nearby backcountry of Yosemite National Park and Mammoth Mountain. These excursions later influenced the development of our Explorer Wool Blanket Collection.
Weaving together pieces of our deep heritage with modern business practices have shaped us into the company we are today. Wrap yourself up in love with a Woolly Mammoth blanket. Thanks for stopping by.
Woolly Mammoth Woolen Company
Our Explorer Wool Blanket Collection is inspired by outdoor adventures.
Woolly Mammoth Woolen Company blankets are designed in the U.S.A. and manufactured in India. Our premium virgin wool is sourced from Merino sheep in Australia. The level of attention and detail to our craftsmanship is what makes our blankets so special.
We use a long staple that is tightly spun to minimize poking and itching. Our blankets are woven using a twill weave. Soils and stains are less noticeable due in part to the subtle diagonal texture. These are the perfect wool blankets for adding a layer of insulation during chilly nights under the stars, getting cozy at the campsite, or storing in your vehicle for emergency preparedness.
Please note, our blankets are not treated with fire retardants. Wool fiber has a distinct scent, due in part to natural wax and oils. Lanolin oil is found naturally in sheep wool and may be noticeable by those with an acute sense of smell. Although rare to pick up on, this scent is a testament to the wool’s purity.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We offer a 30-Day Return Policy on items which you are not completely satisfied with. You have the option for a full- or an exchange of the item. No returns are available on items shipped outside of the USA.
We try our very best to make sure every customer is completely satisfied. If there's a problem, message us! We're happy to help.